Bangladesh will have a chance to overtake the West Indies in the points table if it is able to pull off a victory in a two-Test series against Sri Lanka that starts in Galle on Tuesday.
A 1-0 win will take Bangladesh one point clear of the West Indies with 70 points to eighth position while a 2-0 series win could take it to 72 points, according to the International Cricket Council’s media release.
On the other hand, Sri Lanka could go up to 93 points with a 2-0 win but will remain in seventh position.
In the absence of Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal will be Sri Lanka’s leading batsman at 31st rank while captain Rangana Herath will be the leading bowler in the series at fourth position.
For Bangladesh, Mominul Haque is the leading batsman at 19th position while Shakib Al Hasan (15th) is the top-ranked bowler.
The following are some permutations for Sri Lanka v Bangladesh series.
· Sri Lanka beats Bangladesh 2-0 – Sri Lanka 93, Bangladesh 59
· Sri Lanka beats Bangladesh 1-0 – Sri Lanka 92, Bangladesh 61
· Drawn series: Sri Lanka 90, Bangladesh 66
· Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka 1-0 – Sri Lanka 87; Bangladesh 70
· Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka 2-0 – Sri Lanka 86; Bangladesh 72