A fire that broke out on the ground floor of Bangladesh Railway building in Dhaka was doused this morning.
The fire originated from an electric short circuit at the generator room around 10:00am, said Md Tanharul Islam, senior station officer.
Two units of firefighters doused it around 10:45am, he added
Meanwhile, Railways Minister Mujibul Haque visited the spot immediately after the incident.
“Some mongooses were running over the circuits desperately in the generator room, causing the fire,” he told reporters.
“The firefighters have saved the building at the right time before a major fire accident took place,” he added.