HSC examinee electrocuted while playing cricket in capital | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, September 27, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, September 27, 2020

HSC examinee electrocuted while playing cricket in capital

A college student died of electrocution after he touched a tin-shed house while playing cricket in Dhaka's South Kamalapur area yesterday afternoon.

The deceased is Ferdous Hasan Shuvo, an HSC examinee from BAF Shaheen College.

The mishap happened when Shuvo along with some others was playing cricket in an alley around noon, said Shahadat Hossain Fahim, his neighbour.

As the ball got stuck in a nearby tin-shed house, Shuvo climbed up an electric pole and touched the tin roof while trying to fetch it.

The shed possibly came in contact with live a wire and Shuvo was electrocuted, he said.

He passed away at Dhaka Medical College Hospital around 1:30pm.

Hailing from Sirajganj, Shuvo was eldest among three siblings and used to live with his family in Kamalapur.

Inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of the DMCH police outpost, said the body was kept at the hospital mortuary for autopsy.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top