HSC examinee electrocuted while playing cricket in Dhaka | The Daily Star
03:12 PM, September 26, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 03:17 PM, September 26, 2020

HSC examinee electrocuted while playing cricket in Dhaka

A college student died of electrocution after he touched a tin-shed house while playing cricket in Dhaka's South Kamalapur area this afternoon.

The deceased was identified as Ferdous Hasan Shuvo an HSC examinee from BAF Shaheen College.

The mishap happened when the victim along with some others was playing cricket in an alley around 12:00pm, Shahadat Hossain Fahim, a neighbour of the victim said.

As the cricket ball got stuck in a nearby tin-shed house, Shuvo climbed an electric pole and touched the tin roof to fetch it.

The shed possibly came in contact with live a wire and Shuvo was electrocuted, he said.

With critical injuries, he was rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead around 1:30pm.

Hailing from Sirajganj, Shuvo was eldest among three siblings and used to live with his family in Kamalapur area.

Inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH Police Outpost, said the body was kept at the hospital mortuary for autopsy.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top