Two workers die inhaling toxic gas | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, August 10, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:54 AM, August 10, 2020

Two workers die inhaling toxic gas

Two workers died after inhaling toxic gas inside a water tank in Harbatali area in Chattogram city yesterday morning.

The deceased are Md Raju (30) and Md Raihan (28) , said police.

Mostafizur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Akbar Shah Police Station, said the two fell sick when they descended into an underground water tank for cleaning at a new building in the area around 8:45am and died on the spot.

As the building owner did not get any response from the workers for a long time, he informed police and fire service, the OC said.

Later, firefighters recovered the bodies from the tank, he said, adding that the bodies were sent to Chattogram Medical College Hospital.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top