2 of a family die in fire incident in N’ganj | The Daily Star
01:44 AM, November 22, 2020 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:54 AM, November 22, 2020

2 of a family die in fire incident in N’ganj

One other in critical condition

Two members of a family died in a fire incident while another sustained critical burn injuries in Narayanganj Sadar upazila early yesterday.

The deceased were identified as: Dipayan Sarkar (35) of Ichapur village in Netrokona, and his daughter Diya Rani Sarkar (5). Dipayan's wife, Popy Sarkar (28), is undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute in Dhaka with 30 percent burns and in critical condition, relatives say quoting doctor.

"The incident took place while lighting a mosquito coil with a gas lighter. It is likely that the kitchen stove was not turned off properly and there was cooking gas trapped inside the room which caused the fire…," Sushen Sarkar, husband of Dipayan's elder sister, said.

Neighbours rescued them and rushed them to the burn institute where Dipayan and his daughter succumbed to their injuries on Saturday night while undergoing treatment, he added.

Aslam Hossain, officer-in-charge of Fatullah Model Police Station, confirmed the incident.

 

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top