4 of a family die in fire caused by live wire in Narayanganj | The Daily Star
12:58 AM, January 23, 2021 / LAST MODIFIED: 01:31 AM, January 23, 2021

4 of a family die in fire caused by live wire in Narayanganj

Four members of a family died after two live wires fell on their house in Narayanganj's Rupganj upazila yesterday.

The deceased were identified as Abdullah (12), his brother Rahmat Ullah (18) and their parents Masum Miah (40) and Mita Begum (35), reports our Narayanganj correspondent.

Uddipon Bhokto, station officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence in Narayanganj's Purbachal, said the incident happened after two live wires of the Dhaka Electric Supply Company (DESCO) and Palli Bidyut suddenly fell on the tin roof of the house in Kumartek area around 8:45pm, which started a fire.

Masum and his two sons died on the spot, Uddipon Bhokto said.

Mita, who suffered burn injuries, died later, the medical officer of Rupganj Upazila Health Complex BM Arif Hossain told The Daily Star.

On information, a firefighting team rushed to the spot and doused the blaze, said the fire service official.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top