Lawyers of Meherpur District Bar Association yesterday at a meeting decided to continue boycotting the court of District and Sessions Judge Mohammad Gazi Rahman.
The lawyers started the court boycott programme since Tuesday as the judge had refused to allow a large number of lawyers to appear for an accused of a robbery case.
The sudden boycott disrupted activities at the court and created enormous sufferings to litigants.
Fixing Sunday for holding a general meeting on the issue, the bar association leaders during the meeting also said they would continue boycotting the court of the judge till further decision.
Advocate Ibrahim Shahin, president of Meherpur District Bar Association, said the situation of court boycotting was created after Judge Mohammad Gazi Rahman restricted the participation of large number of lawyers in connection with a case.
The judge denied hearing of the case when around 100 lawyers took part in favour of the accused, Shahin said.
“Judge prohibited the attendance of 100 lawyers in favour of the accused, although it has no certain rule or bar on how many legal aides can take part on any side of any case,” the Bar leader said.
After the incident, all lawyers boycotted the court.
“We will take next step after reviewing what decision comes out on Sunday's general meeting,” Ibrahim Shahin said.
Police filed the robbery case against one Abdur Razzak, son of a lawyer of the court, in September last year, court sources said.