Robi has become the first mobile phone operator in Bangladesh to have established more than 11,000 active 4.5G sites, thus building the largest high-speed network.
The operator has reached the milestone by taking the 4.5G network to every upazila, the company said in a press release yesterday.
The 4.5G network of the second-largest operator now covers 80 per cent of the population.
"I am very proud to note that we are making good on our promise in this regard by being the first operator to cross 11,000 4.5G sites milestone," said Mahtab Uddin Ahmed, managing director and chief executive officer of Robi, in the press release.
This sets Robi on a path to sustainably offer new experiences to its customers.
"The manner in which we launched our 4.5G service, we made it clear that we are determined to dominate the digital future," Ahmed added.
Using the dynamic spectrum technology, Robi has proved itself to be the most efficient operator in utilising spectrum to ensure the best video experience on its 4.5G network, it said.
Robi is the only operator that uses U900/L900 spectrum technology, which allows it to offer better coverage indoor.
It is also the first operator to roll out the voice over long term evolution (VoLTE) service in the country, providing customers with high-definition quality voice calling experience using the 4.5G network.
The HD video calling allows users to stay connected with friends and family and offers buffer-free streaming of videos.
The operator aims to provide the best video experience to its consumers, the press release said.
Robi Axiata is a joint venture between Axiata Group Berhad of Malaysia and Bharti Airtel of India. Axiata holds 68.69 per cent stake and Bharti the remaining 31.31 per cent.