The Ministry of Public Administration will issue a gazette notification within a day or two to allow those who have turned 30 on March 25 to apply for government jobs.
"The Honourable prime minister has already approved a summary sent by the public administration ministry in this regard. So, we are hoping to issue a gazette notification on this very soon," State Minister for Public Administration Farhad Hossain told The Daily Star.
The junior minister said the prime minister has done many favours to different professionals who suffered due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
"That's why when we raised the issue that many youths have crossed thirty-years of age and did not get opportunity to apply for various government jobs as circulars had been stopped since March, she instantly instructed us to take measures in this regard," added Farhad.
Farhad said the government will allow those who turned 30 on Mar 25 amid the coronavirus shutdown to apply for government jobs.
The Public Service Commission did not publish any job advertisement during the 66-day coronavirus shutdown started from March 26.
The government announced a countrywide shutdown from March 26 and it was lifted on May 31.