Two workers die inhaling toxic gas in Netrakona | The Daily Star
12:00 AM, July 18, 2019 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:04 AM, July 18, 2019

Two workers die inhaling toxic gas in Netrakona

Two construction workers died after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank at Shantipur village in Netrakona’s Durgapur upazila yesterday.

The deceased were identified as Mustafa Talukder, 45, son of Omar Ali Talukder, and Shahjahan Mia, 30, son of Abdul Kashem, of adjacent Naghpur village. 

Quoting locals, Sub Inspector of Durgapur Police Station Suman Chandra Das said the duo fell sick when they climbed down into a septic tank at the house of Hafez Mia of the village and died on the spot. 

On information, police and fire fighters rushed to the spot and pulled out the bodies around 3:00pm, the SI said, the bodies were handed over to the respective family members later in the day.

Stay updated on the go with The Daily Star Android & iOS News App. Click here to download it for your device.

Grameenphone:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 22222

Robi:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2222


Banglalink:
Type START <space> BR and send SMS it to 2225

Leave your comments

Top News

Top News

Top